Crate Motor CT400*
Chevrolet Performance launched the new and improved Circle Track Crate Engine (CT400), p/n 19318604.
The foundation is the same, sturdy iron block with four-bolt mains, a forged crankshaft and high-strength pistons, but enhancements have been made. The new 604's come with the new cylinder head which features "blue" beehive-style valve springs. The engine is easily identified by the Chevrolet Bowtie logo on the end of each head, formerly identified with the GM Performance Logo.
CT400 - Circle Track Crate Engine
Part Number # 19318604
FREE SHIPPING to the lower 48 states!
- New Fast-Burn head asm. - 19300955
- Chevrolet "Bowtie" logo
- Blue beehive valve spring - 12625033
- More consistent pressure
- Tested to 6800 rpm
- Installed height - 1.800"
- Pressure @ 1800": 90lbs (+/- 5lbs)
- Free Height: 2.122" (+/- .015")
- Same as the LS3, CT525 Performance Spring
- Stronger steel retainers designed for "beehive" valve springs
- New time-serts instead of helicoil inserts - elimination of oil pass through
- New machined steel spring seats and split key locks
- More Durability
- Increased Stability
- Enhanced Consistency
Note: All measurements were taken with Chevrolet Performance components. Use of any other type of components may yield different results.