Stepper Motor Gauges
Built-in Warning Lights – Ultra Bright 2 Stage LED
2 set points are easily adjusted to your needs (critical oil pressure has 3 set points). For example set water temp for just above normal running temp (if you run 215° set it at 230°). Above that the LED comes on to let you know the motor is starting to get warm. Set the second one at the max temp your engine can tolerate (say 250°). At this point the LED flashes to attract your attention, possibly saving motor damage.
Since oil pressure is so critical it has 3 set points.
You can set the first just below normal running pressure (say normal is 60 psi – set it at 50 psi – no damage there). At this point the LED comes on. Set the second at 35 psi. The LED flashes – you need to know here, possible damage. Set the third at 20 psi. Engine damage is likely here. At this third set point the LED continues to flash PLUS the gauge backlight starts to flash. It’s hard to miss this – day or night. It allows you to get the engine shut down before it blows up, saving you $$.
- Gauges are 2-5/8” and have a molded polycarbonate / ABS case (virtually unbreakable)
- An electronic sensor (incl.) is installed on the motor to drive the gauge - no oil or fuel in the driver’s compartment for safety.
- Thru-the-dial LED backlights and an illuminated pointer make these easy to read at any speed
- ”Presentation” at turn-on - Gauges go through a self test. Pointers swing full scale and all LEDs come on
- Quick & simple to install - Connect power to one gauge and ‘daisy chain’ the others to it (wiring included). Connect the sensor wire and you’re done
This tach is a huge step beyond basic memory tachs that simply record the highest RPM. It records the RPM 10 times/second, all the way around the track, to be played back for you in the pits. See all the highs, the lows, and everything in between for multiple laps, the entire race if you want. You can see what the RPM was at any point on the track - the middle of the corner, the exit, halfway down the back straight, etc. See if you lost traction (RPM spikes slightly) or if the motor was falling off at high RPM (rate of climb slows). And when you just need a traditional Memory Tach it does that too. Stepper Motor design gives you precision accuracy and reliable performance week after week. This Data Logging Tach is like a movie rather than just a snapshot by a traditional Memory Tach.
- Records RPM all around the track - Replay in the pits
- Records & stores up to a full hour, in multiple session
- Easy playback at real time speed, 1/3 speed (to spot rapid changes in RPM), or double speed (to watch a full lap quickly)
- You can even pause and back up to see something over again
- In replay mode the digital timer lets you track when & where the RPM was recorded on the track
- This tach is compact and lightweight
- Numbers are LED back lighted & the pointer is illuminated
- Digital display shows max RPM
- Will work on most non-magneto ignition systems - 4, 6, or 8 cylinder
- Easy to use and recall
- Tach does a "presentation" self test at turn-on - It goes through a full pointer sweep and turns on all LEDs
- Sharp looking aluminum panel...black anodized with clean, cool graphics
Additional Handy Functions
- A 2 stage High RPM warning light helps prevent overreving expensive motors. Set one just above normal max RPM, the second at the redline. Can also be used as a 2 stage shift light.
- 6 LEDs on the left side can be set to indicate pit road speed limit. Set at the RPM you want. The first one comes on 500 RPM lower, the second at 400 RPM lower, etc. - until all 6 are on. This gives you more of a warning than just 1 or 2 set points. This can also be used as a sequential shift light.